Monday, April 28, 2014

A Recital, A Concert & A Snack

Megan ended up having her Spring concert and piano recital back to back. I was so thankful that they didn't end up on the same evening.
 



Megan attends a small Christian school.  I can't say enough great things about her school.  I love their programs.  There is nothing like a room full of children singing praise songs!  Both Megan and I have been humming "In Christ Alone" since that evening.  :)
 
Friday night it was off to program number 2.  She played a solo and then a duet with her teacher.  We are so proud of her!  It takes a lot for our timid little girl to get up and do this.  Not only did she do it but she did it well.   



Megan's playing has improved so much in the last year.  She actually earned a medal for completing six music books.  Her piano teacher, Mrs. Young, is fantastic!


This week is testing week at school.  I was asked to send in a healthy snack for tomorrow.  I made fruit cups and added a small cookie on the top. 


I included a simple note of encouragement that says "you're one smart cookie!" 

 
It was my pleasure to make these.  The up side of testing week is that there is no homework! Yeah!
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Megan for great performances! Love the fruit cups. I know the children enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Megan!

    Love the packaging on the fruit cups--so cute and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful snack you made for the kids. Your daughter is brave and darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute snacks! I hope all the students did their best. Tests are so stressful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!