Thursday, April 24, 2014

A New Week

After a rough couple of weeks it is has been great to get back to the routine. Chuck and I still don't have all of our energy back but we are pushing through. Going to bed early has been a big help for us. Monday started with a big list of things to do. The top item on the list was laundry.


I was able to get all the laundry washed, ironed, folded and put away. Whew! I have another load on the line as I write this. It feels so good to be back on top of the laundry. It really doesn't take long for it to get out of control.

We are finally having spring like weather and it seems that things are growing and changing overnight. There was been many afternoons spent outside and my sweet girl is bringing a fistful of beauty each day.


Sickness and a weekend spent at the funeral home meant the menu went out the window. We dined on canned soup and take out far too many times. My weekly menu is up and I have been sticking to it.


I have to share a Megan story.  In the mist of all that was going on I walked into Megan's room last week and found that her fish, Little Dragon, was floating.  Oh my!  Just what we needed.  Anyway, while brushing Megan's hair after her shower last night she told me that she had a dream the night before.  She had received a letter from Aunt Wanda and Aunt Wanda told her that she was taking care of Little Dragon.  Little Dragon was living in a stained glassed fish bowl (Wanda made stained glassed things as a hobby) and stayed on her dresser.  She also said that all of Little Dragon's supplies were keep neatly in a dresser drawer.  I had to smile at that as Wanda was a meticulous person. 

I fought back tears as Megan told me this but I it also warmed my heart.   

I have only left home once this week.  It was for a quick trip though the car line.  I like to be home and it has felt so good.


My dad stopped by and tilled my garden.  That makes me super happy.  Now if it would only start to warm up.  I am ready to play in the dirt and get some things planted.


I have to say that blogging friends are some of best!  I received a package this week from Kathy


Does she know me or what?!  Everything is super cute and I just love the chalkboard lids.  Thanks Kathy!

Having a slow week at home is just what I needed! 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you have been able to stay home all week. That is what recharges me!

    The lids are great, I didn't know there was such cute things. I know you will enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you liked the lids! When I saw them I knew I had to get some for you.
    I really, really need a week at home! All of the things that I usually have done by this time of the year are still undone and I am about ready to go in to panic mode. May has to be a productive month for me!
    Thanks for the link to my blog, even tho I haven't posted anything in such a long time. I went back t work as a preschool teacher and keeping up with home and lesson plans takes so much time. I really miss it and hope to return to blogging soon. I'd love to share some of the fun things we do at preschool as well as the things Jonathan & I do.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read what your family has been going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and the families of those you lost. Hugs! Glad you are feeling better. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I appreciate it. Take care!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!