Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Since I showed my ingredients ready to go for Sunday morning breakfast I thought I would share what I made.
 
 
This coffee cake is mmm mmm good!
 
 
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbs baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
 
Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease two 8 in cake pans and line the bottom with waxed paper. 
 
Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, vanilla and 1/4 cup melted butter.  Divide between the two pans.
 
Cream 1 cup butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Drop by tablespoons onto cake and then swirl with a knife. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans to cooling rack. 
 
Mix powered sugar, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla.  Drizzle over cooled cakes.
 
 
One we didn't glaze and it went into the freeze for another day.  Enjoy!
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. A nice piece of that and a big cup of coffee, yes please!

    Wish there was smell-a-screen! ; )

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would be yummy to make for company! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! making this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be perfect with a hot cup of coffee - delish!! Happy almost weekend, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I think I will make it to take to a staff meeting at work next Thurs. morning. Would they be good in the morning if I baked the night before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I think I will make it to take to a staff meeting at work next Thurs. morning. Would they be good in the morning if I baked the night before?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Looks delicious. I think I will have to give this recipe a try. I have been wanting something sweet all day. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!