Wednesday, March 05, 2014

A New Month

We were expecting March to come in like a big lion. Instead I guess you could say it ended up coming in like a cub. Instead of 12 inches of snow we ended up with a few inches. I can't say that I was disappointed.
 
I guess you could say that we have started our spring cleaning.
 
 
In anticipation for new living room furniture every inch of the room was cleaned.  Including shampooing the carpet thanks to my great husband.
 
 
Besides cleaning and shopping for furniture I spent some time shopping for new throw pillows.  I couldn't find any I like.  Most of the patterns I am seeing are bold, modern prints.  Not exactly my taste.  I ended up purchasing a few inexpensive pillows and will recover them.  This is the fabric I will be using. 
 
If it all goes according to plan (ha!) I will be spending the next few days whipping up pillows.  Oh and waiting for the weather to warm up.  I don't know about you but I have some projects I would like to do.  Most of them involve paint and need warmer temperatures.  So let's all start thinking spring or at least hoping for normal temperatures.  :)
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. I think everyone is looking forward to spring this year.

    I like your new pillow fabric, looks warm and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed almost all day here on Saturday, so we're definitely anxious for spring, also.

    I've been needing to replace our couch throw pillows for awhile, and since I'm not very gifted with sewing, I'm hoping to find some on sale at Hobby Lobby. When I looked at Target, they were $25 each. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting new furniture is just the kick to get the spring cleaning started! :) I started our spring cleaning last week. It's hard work, but it's so nice to have wiped down walls and clean fans and all the other clean stuff that comes along with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have throw pillows from previous furniture that are still firm. I live that the covers unzip to be washed. But they don't match my newer furniture. I'm hoping my daughter can sew some new covers for them. Everything I see in the store is soft and spot clean only. I like the fabric you chose! I'm hoping to find a tan corduroy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your fabric for the pillows. I hope you show us pictures of how it all looks when finished. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!