Thursday, February 27, 2014

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Enjoying the sun "dancing" on the floor during my quiet time.


Thankful that I was able to stock my pantry and freezer.


Trying to sort, organize and purge the filing cabinet.


I never tire of this scene.



Thankful for afternoons of quiet, non bickering play.


We enjoyed a warm spell.  It was almost 60* this day and even had a thunderstorm!


Which resulted in a huge snowmelt and sunshine the next day.


The warmth and sun turned my thoughts to this. 


Another snowstorm is moving in this weekend so I will have to put gardening thoughts aside and find joy in winter. 

Find happiness in the ordinary; it makes for a pleasant life and a serene heart. ~ Granny Willodene

 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Wendy - I love the streaks of sunlight dancing across my floor as well. Hasn't happened too frequently this winter so I appreciate it even more on the rare days it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A burly man with a little pink thing- is there ANYTHING more romantic? : ) Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do the nicest joy in the ordinary posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw seeds at Kroger this week. They made me smile. Despite the coming snow tonight, I remain joyful, because winter will end!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!