Monday, January 20, 2014

Soap and Water

I sat down on the kitchen floor to straighten out our snack drawer.  While I was down there I got a good look at my cabinets.  Oh boy!  All the baking and cooking from the holidays had them looking... well... gross!   The only thing to be done was to give them a good scrub!



You know how one leads to another to another?  (Are you singing a tune as you read that?  Okay, maybe just me.) Anyway, I decided I might as well start at the top and work my way down. 

That meant everything needed to come down.  Can you guess what happened when it all came down?  Yes!  It all got a good scrub also. 


While I was at it I might as well wipe down the bead board and everything on the counters and in the window sill.  Since I had gotten that far I decided I might as well do the entire kitchen.


Ahhhh.. much better.   I plan to do a little purging and straightening in the cabinet, but other then that I have a kitchen that is clean and sparkly.  It has me motivated and this week I plan to deep clean the living room before I add some valentine touches. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I know it feels so much nicer. I need to do it too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cabinets need this too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    I was just telling Monica I am not very consistent when it comes to deep cleaning. I did finally clear off and wipe down all the counters on Sat. as they were getting really gunky.

    You're right--once you notice one area, it just seems to snowball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, want to come over?

    Blessings to you! I'm glad you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do the same thing-- start one small project and then find myself in the middle of a huge one! I need to wash down the front of my cabinets, too. I use good old Murphy's oil. Best your kitchen is your favorite room right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!