Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Best Sugar Cookie

Growing up this is the recipe that my mom used.  It comes from a cookbook where the pages are falling out and there lot of splatters on the pages.  That, my friends, is how you can tell a well loved recipe!  








Sift the following:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cut in 1 cup softened butter until crumbly.

Beat 1 egg, add 3 tbs evaporated milk and 1 tsp vanilla

Mix to form dough.  Chill slightly and then roll out dough.  You can sprinkle with sugar or bake plain for frosting.  Bake at 400* for 8-10 minutes. 


Ginger and Snowmen will be joining Megan at school tomorrow for another bake sale. 



May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. How fun that you had a big group to make cookies together! I have never heard of a sugar cookie recipe calling for sweetened condensed milk. Interesting! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! I wish I were nibbling on one of those cookies right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendi, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try this! Do you use a mixer at all? To mix the eggs, etc? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sugar cookies and have never had a really good recipe for them. Thanks so much for sharing this one. I can't wait to try it out. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!