Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pumpkin Pickin', Cravin' & Paintin'

We hadn't planned a trip to a pumpkin patch but while out one Saturday with my parents we ended up stopping at a cute little place.


Pickin'




Carvin'









Halloween we had a major storm system heading our way.  The city decided to postpone trick or treating and we spent the evening home.  Megan painted a pumpkin that I had been using for decor.


I know that there was a lot of grumbling about the change.  About 9 pm the storm came through.  It was short but super strong.  The wind really picked up (later we heard it was 70 mph winds) and we head a loud noise.  We ventured out and saw our patio furniture moved and the neighbors tree had fallow onto our fence.


My parents neighborhood fared much worse.  There were several trees blocking the street.


Two homes on their street ended up with trees falling on the roof.


I am thankful that the city made this decision based on weather data and didn't let public opposition keep them from making this change.  Just an hour our so early and it might have been a bad thing for some little kids.

The next evening we ended up going to my parents.  Their power came on just in time for the little ones to hit the street.  


May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a storm! Glad you guys are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly glad no one was hurt as a result of the storm. We had a storm pass thru here that night as well. We had wind up to 50 mph here. Ours lasted from about 9 that night until about 9 the next morning. No major damage though, thank God. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for His safe keeping...He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!