Friday, November 08, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.


The weather has started to really turn.  There is heavy frost each morning and there was even ice on my windshield a couple of mornings.  I am not quite ready for it, but are you ever really ready for the cold.  Thankfully there were a few days of beautiful sunshine.  That always makes me feel a little warmer and lifts my spirits. 


There has been planning for teaching Sunday School.  Chuck and I are in the classroom two times this months. 


The boys have been with us since Tuesday morning.  Mom had to go out of town for business and dad joined her for a little get away.  I love these boys dearly and it has been a pleasure to have them.  I will say that our evenings have been very different as our little family of three is quiet and reserved for the most part.  The boys are neither of those.  :)   


Thursday night dinner ruined when the Pyrex dish exploded!  I didn't realize they would do that.  According to my mom temperature changes will sometimes cause this. That makes sense since had I had just opened the oven to check the chicken.  It made quite the mess.  Chuck cleared out all of the class and I will turn on the clean cycle tomorrow morning.  Cleaning the oven was on my list.  This is just not how I envisioned it! 

 
Sunrises have been spectacular!  I try to step out and pause for a moment.  It is a great way to start the day. 
 

The heavens declare the glory of God;  the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

I have more to share but I must run.  I have laundry to switch, beds to make,floors that need mopped and most importantly a stack of books to read with Eli.  Have a great weekend! 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. That is crazy about the Pyrex dish! I never heard of such a thing.

    We've had beautiful golden leaves, and then it snowed earlier this week, so our yard is laden with leaves and snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Pyrex doing that, but most anything like pottery will too if the conditions are just so.

    I agree that your 2 young guests look full of "boy" and I can imagine they keep you on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet that dish was a shock!
    I've never had one do that.
    Our trees have been beautiful this year. They're getting that Novembery russet color now. Before we know it, they'll be bare. Hopefully, we'll see a little snow after that. (Don't tell anyone I said that. ) ~smile~

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never experienced a Pyrex doing that! Wow! I'll be much more aware now, thanks for sharing!

    I really enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall colors. I have never heard of a dish exploding like that.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a Pyrex dish explode a few years ago!!! Scared me to death!!! And what a MESS!! Cleaning up is hard with all teensy bits of glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!