Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Apples, Apples!


After not one, but two trips to the orchard I ended up a large amount of apples.


They are one of our favorite snacks but after a while the thought of another plain apple starts to lose its appeal.  I used some to make Cinnamon Crumble Apple Muffins.


Oh my!  these are good.  So good in fact that I decided to share.  Our next door neighbor is in her eighties.  Recently she has gotten to the point that she can longer grocery shop and does very little real cooking.  She mentioned that she hasn't baked in several years.  I knew she would the perfect candidate for a couple of muffins.

While they were still warm I wrapped each one in parchment paper and tied it with some twine.


I reused an apple bag from our picnic and added a tag that says "Enjoy!"


Megan ran them over and she was delighted.  She called me the next afternoon and said she ate a warm muffin with her afternoon coffee and saved the second one for breakfast the next morning.  A simple gesture that I will make sure to repeat often.

A warm afternoon while Megan was on fall break I made a snack for her to share with the neighbor girl who was over playing.  I am sure that I saw this on another site but for the life of me I can't remember where.  Anyway, I sliced apples, added caramel dip, melted chocolate, marshmallows and sprinkles.



The girls put their apple on a skewer and got dipping.   



They had a blast!  

Although I felt we were drowning in apples we ate every one.  In fact I have had to buy some more at the grocery store.  I am already counting the days until next apple season.  

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Those apples look delicious! As do the muffins. I made a similar recipe over the weekend using some of the pears Eric got last month. Yum.

    What a fun idea for the apple dippers--will keep that in mind as my kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love apples! We also have a neighbor who is in her 80's,
    Ms. "B" as we call her. We have taken cookies to her in the past and we are hoping to do some yard work for her soon. It's nice that she has a good neighbor like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the last of my orchard apples in making applesauce yesterday. Time to stock up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look delicious! I've marked the recipe and will try them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!