Monday, November 04, 2013

An Apple Kind of Day

One of my favorite things about fall is a trip to the apple orchard.  I had trouble getting my act together and ended up going late in the season.  I had been planning my trip in my mind for a while but ended up doing it at the spur of a moment.  We still had a good time!



I called my nieces and asked them if they wanted to join us.  They were delighted.  I packed a picnic and we were on our way.  I wasn't sure if the orchard had picnic tables and since it was damp I didn't want us to sit on the ground.  We made a stop at a park on our way. 


I used apple bags from the grocery store to hold our lunches.  Everyone enjoyed a sandwich, cheese slices cut into apple shapes, cookies, some chips and of course an apple.



The day was much cooler then I would have liked but we made the best of it.



Even though it was cool the view was wonderful.


After lunch we took a walk to warm up. 


It was beautiful and I am extremely happy that we made this stop. 

On our way to the orchard the sun came out.  Nothing like the sun shining to make you feel warmer.  Our route took up down country roads lined by cornfields.  Ahhhh... so peaceful!






A wonderful day spent my special girls!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are sweetest mom and aunt! Love the picture of their faces in the tree, you can really these happy girls "the apples of your eye"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just my kind of day! We used to visit orchards when we lived in Georgia. I always bought fried apple pies to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that is fun...my favorite type of day also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!