Monday, October 28, 2013

Photo Shoot

Each year we have family pictures taken for our Christmas cards.  It can get really expensive.  Especially since we usually have a minimum to spend in order to get the disk.  We need the disk in order to use the photos on photo cards.  I was inspired when Monica posted about taking photos in front of an old truck at an auto shop.  I looked at a few ideas of Pinterest and then started brainstorming.  Here is what I came up with. 


 I love, love, love the way it turned out!  It is so.... well... me.  :)

I gathered a quilt, table cloth, bench that was in our shed, a bucket from my grandparents farm and some garland out of the Christmas decorating tote. 


Using some stakes and a piece of scrap wood Chuck created this tripod for garland to wrapped around. 



There is a small pile of sticks from the last time we cut grass and some were gathered to create a star topper for the tree. 


Then the fun began and we started snapping away.  We borrowed my mother-in- laws camera (her camera is better then mine) used a tripod with the camera timer.

 You can find the bunting letters here.





As you can tell not all of the pictures were great, but we were able to capture a few good ones. 



I used things we had on hand to make my backdrop and then we wore clothing we already had.  Instead of printing out pre-made photo cards I created a collage using Picasa and then uploaded it to Snapfish.  I have a credit for 4x6 photos that I earned using my Coke rewards.  All that had to be paid was shipping for a whopping $1.25!  This is something that we will certainly be doing again. 

I don't want to give everything away for those who receive Christmas cards from me.  Once they have been mailed out I will share the collage I made.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Great, great, great idea! Love the background! Might have to try something like this. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you should go into the business. Love the background. Love the one with you guys holding the banner. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how that turned out, Wendi. Great idea! And a very frugal accomplishment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Wendi! I am so impressed with how great these turned out! I always dread booking our annual family portrait at the studio. I'm thinking about asking a friend to take pics this year instead. Your backdrop looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! We do this too. It really does make the best pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! Pictures can be so pricy!

    We took some pics of the two of us on our recent vacation. I usually forget about Christmas pics until too late so I'm happy to have one we can use!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!