Monday, September 16, 2013

Rainy Morning

It seems like forever since we have had a truly rainy morning.  For months it has been no rain or a quick shower.    When I opened the front door I could tell that it had rained as the sidewalk and edge of the porch were wet. A true blessing as I vaguely heard a report about crop failure if we didn't get more rain. As the season changes I have had to turn lights on for the beginning of our day. This day the light had to stay on as it was a dark, gray morning. Then the skies opened up and it poured.


A rainy day is perfect for:


Pancakes!  Don't forget to add little bit of fall seasoning:  pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon or maybe a little nutmeg.


Enjoying the aroma of dinner cooking.


Lighting a candle.

Although it was short lived and it ended before lunch I loved every minute of it!  It caused me to slow down and spend some time fluffing the nest.  Praising God for some much needed rain and the slow down to enjoy simple pleasures!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



4 comments:

  1. Slowing down! Yes, I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy fall so much. I'm glad you got to enjoy the morning. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post, I love rainy days, burning candles, cooking. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been burning candles as well. I love rainy days too! As long as it doesn't last for a week, he he, that is just too much rain for me. Enjoying your post to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day! I am ready for a rainy day here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!