Monday, September 23, 2013

Out and About

Saturday was a gorgeous day! The sun was shining, the sky was blue and you could feel a touch of fall in the air. There were some errands we needed to run and decided it was a perfect day to jump in the van and get them all done. Hop in and enjoy the ride!

 
The first stop was our favorite place for eggs.  Four dozen in the cooler.  I hope these stretch farther then the week and a half the last batch lasted.  Not only do I enjoy eggs for breakfast I like chicken and egg salad for lunch. Oh yeah and I can't forget the baking. 
 
 
Did I mention it was a beautiful day!? 
 
 
The next stop was the bookstore.
 
 
My dear mother-in-law asked if I could pick up some books for us to read if she gave me a gift card.  Why yes, I would be happy to! 
 
 
Me in a book store is like a kid in a candy store.  :)
 
This little girl was happy as she picked up some tabs to make it easier to navigate during her quiet time. 
 
 
Then it was through the drive thru for a prescription. 
 
 
We then zipped across the street to pick up a few sale items. 
 
 
While shopping my father-in-law called.  Would we like to come by for lunch.  Sure!  We live very close to this store and dropped off our goodies and then hopped on the interstate.   
 
 
My father-in-law lives on the other side of town.  It was worth the drive.  We enjoyed a nice lunch outside and then Megan wanted to go out in the woods. Before she left she grabbed a stick and she and papaw made a fishing pole. 
 
 
"Fishing" at the pond.  We could really tell the lack of rain as the pond is down about five feet.  I thought her fishing was so stinkin' cute! 
 
 
On the way out the woods we saw a turtle.  Papaw talks about the turtles all the time but this is the first time that one of the grandkids got to see one.  Neat!
 
 
A couple of hours later we were back on the road.  We stopped at my parents to drop something off and Megan ended up staying there for dinner and Chuck and I left to do our big grocery shopping. 
 
 
Megan was all smiles when she returned home.  She was into Grammi's scraps and created a vest and headband.  She was super proud of her creation. 
 
 
Then it was time to unload.   Enough to last through November.  I am sure you can imagine there were a ton of bags. 
 

Once everything was put away I sat on the back porch enjoying my tea and watching night fall.  Sure it was a long, busy day but also a productive one.  Now other then a quick trip for milk or fresh produce I can stay home for several weeks and enjoy a good book or two! 

So tell me do like to hit the road and get it all done at once? 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



4 comments:

  1. Saturday was quite beautiful! We went to the Indy Zoo, took our lunch, and walked down the Canal to check out the IUPUI Regatta (Canoe Races) on the Canal. Plus, they had some fun games for the kids to play.

    I would love to get some hints on how to shop for a month... Maybe you could do a blog post on that sometime! (Or if you already have, maybe you could repost...)

    Thanks!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy day but as you say very productive. Megan looks so cute in her creation. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very productive day! You will appreciate your well stocked home.
    I have done it all at once like you did, but it really is hard work. With the new Aldi just 3 miles from home, I am now doing more small trips and that seems to be working for the time being .

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 2 daughters from China :) your daughter is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!