Monday, September 30, 2013

A Day to Myself

I received an early morning call that one of the boys I watch was sick and both would be spending the day at home.  It has been what seems like forever since I had a day to myself!  Things went on as normal and then Megan was off to school.  Oh what should I do....

The first thing I did was curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and watched some mind numbing TV and surfed the net a little bit. 


Then it was time to get some housework done.


While I was dusting, making beds and doing a general tidy the laundry was working away.


The one task that never stays complete for more then a few hours.  Not a complaint, just an observation.  During a recent sermon I heard that if you have more then two extra outfits then you are wealthy by the world's standards. 

Some of the afternoon was spent outside. The only thing left in the garden is tomatoes. 




Then it was time to head out to pick up Megan and run a quick errand to pick up my glasses. 


I have been waiting not so patiently for these.  I broke my other pair and my back up has a big scratch across one of the lenses.  Not fun!

After dinner my parents called and asked us out for ice cream.  A nice way to wrap the day up.

I love the boys dearly but it was really nice to go about my task without helping little hands.  A nice break for sure!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


6 comments:

  1. Days to yourself are few and far between - at least they are around here. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your glasses are beautiful! Very flattering!

    It is so nice to have the luxury of "free time", especially when it arrives unexpectedly. Looks like you had a nice balance of productivity and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new glasses! And a day to yourself was way over due. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect and well deserved day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay!!!! I had one of those myself today! And those are my two favorite magazines!! I even order vintage Country Woman issues off of ebay all the time. I LOVE them.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a hard-working woman and deserve some down time. Glad you had a pleasant yet productive day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!