Sunday, August 04, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.



First day of school on July 31st.  I still find it unbelievable that Megan is in 2nd grade!


The Matsiko Orphan Children's Choir performed at our church. 


The girls were very interested in Megan.  They asked where she was from and then asked me several times if I was her mother.  I told them her story they all said how lucky she is.  The little girl second from the left about broke my heart.  I could read the why not me look in her eyes as I told them Megan's story.  If only I could see that every child had a family.


A trip to the grocery store about broke the bank, but I am grateful for a stocked frig and pantry. 


We have new neighbors with a little girl about Megan's age.  She comes by to play often.   I am not sure if it is a good thing or not.  I have great memories playing with the kids on my street so I am trying to keep that in mind.  :) 


This is the best year for impatiens.  I can't stop admiring the beauty of these.   


Megan commented on a bird that keep flying into the grape arbor.  Further investigation revealed a nest.  I hope this bird doesn't think it has pulled up to a smorgasbord! 


We attended an over the top party for one of Megan's friends.  This jump was one of the many activities. 


I enjoying sitting out and watching these bathing beauties in the evening. 


A trip to the Children's Museum with cousins from Iowa. 


One of our many family gatherings this summer. 


Megan caught a frog! 

Things have been busy.  Hectic really.  I am trying to savor the moments.  I have missed posting and hope to make it a back to regular posting soon. 

May your day filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy and having lots of fun. Megan is a doll. School starts here tomorrow but thankfully Darbee gets to wait until after labor day to start. Hope she is enjoying 2nd grade! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been as busy as we are! School begins here on Aug. 14, Jonathan will also enter 2nd grade. So enjoyed your pictures. Wish I could here the little girls perform!
    We have the same refrigerator, only mine is not as well stocked. Need a grocery run!
    Jonathan has been very interested in birds this summer and we have put out several. I like your birdbath, too!
    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. School started in July? Oh my.

    I like your stocked fridge but I don't like the price of groceries right now. But I am thinking they are just going to keep increasing.

    Your pictures are so nice. I like real blogs like yours the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the fun photos and how you are finding and capturing beauty in the everyday! Hope you are well, friend! Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!