Monday, August 12, 2013

Feeling Crafty

I am by no means rushing the end of summer but I am starting to think of fall. Honestly I am looking forward to the routine and slow down that starts when the season changes.   I haven't pulled out the fall d├ęcor yet but I am thinking about what I want to do.  When the urge to craft (okay, it is always there I just don't always have the time!) hit I knew I wanted to do something with a fall theme. 
 

I ended up making a banner.  I decided to go with the wording HARVEST.  That way I could make this work for Thanksgiving also.  I used some heavy weight muslin for the pennants and for the lettering I used fabric I had on hand.  I attached the letters with heat and bond.  Love that stuff! The pumpkins on the ends were on a piece of fabric I had.  I just cut them out and bonded them on.  The only thing I had to purchase with the rick rack and thread. 






I love the way it turned out.  Now if I can only hold off until Labor Day to decorate! 
 

You have multiplied the nation and increased its joy; They rejoice before You according to the joy of harvest,  as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. ~ Isaiah 9:3

May your day filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out. You are always so crafty. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I am glad you found some time to craft. Making things always puts me in a better frame of mind.

    The Rick rack was a good choice, it really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am ready for fall too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!