Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Be Still

About eight this morning I was out hanging up a load of laundry. It is a beautiful morning... 57* with a slightly cool breeze. The refreshing coolness and the beauty of the sun filtering through the movement of the branches caused me to pause. Not necessarily in movement but in thought.

 He says "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

 This verse keep fluttering through my head.

 

I have a few things on my mind. Not really worries, just a concern or two about the next year. As I continued to hang laundry I thought about how he has never forsaken me.

 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 

 All my needs are always met. Maybe not at the exact moment I want, but they are always met. 

 

Lord, thank you for the reminder.

For we live by faith, not by sight.  2 Corinthians 5:7

May your day filled with joy and contentment!


9 comments:

  1. Love the post this morning :-) Enjoy your day! Hugs!!! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post! A cool beautiful morning, clean laundry that will smell wonderful after drying in the fresh air, and time with the Lord - a perfect way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my favorite verses from Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post and so full of truth. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful reminders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, this was good to read just now

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great verses to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I wanted to welcome you to Simply Farmhouse..I can't wait to read your blog and get to know you.
    Blessings Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great things to remember Wendi! Keeping you in my prayers!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!