Monday, August 26, 2013

And It Begins...

Chasing dust bunnies, sorting, organizing and getting rid of stuff!


A sorting station has been set up in our messy garage.  Hubby agreed to this a with only a little bit of reluctance. :)  The compromise is that one full weekend will be devoted to the garage at the end of this fun.

After our busy and sometimes chaotic summer this is much needed.  It always amazed how much of a mess you can make when you aren't home much.  I am moving one space at a time. 


I started with Megan's fall clothes first.  I went through and gave away the items that had become to small, looked through items that have been purchased over time and washed what was left.  They are now in her closet waiting for the weather to change.  They will then be pressed and put away.

The cleaning started in Megan's room.  Oh my, oh my!  Lets just say that after finding a bottle of glue that was somehow missing its top and was all over her desk I went into overdrive. :)  Every space in her room was gone through and there was tons of things given away.  I would say that half of the items in her room are no longer there.



It is a wonderful feeling to walk into this space and know that everything is tidy and orderly.  It feels so much lighter and I know that it will make things easier for Megan to keep things tidy.  She has already been warned that if she is still have issues with keeping her things put away I will be returning to do another purge.

I don't know about you all but there is something about cleaning in the fall that is very appealing.  More so then in the spring.  Maybe it has something to do all the time I know that will be spent inside.  Nothing beats a clean, organized space to cozy up in!  I am looking forward to lightening the load in the rest of my home.

May you day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Wendi! I love Megan's room! I need to do that with Lily's room. I'll help her clean it up, but within days it is a wreck again. And I think it's because she has too many things shoved into too small of a space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan's room looks great! I am looking forward to getting to some deeper cleaning/organizing in the next few weeks. Our sheds haven't been cleaned out since we moved in a year and a half ago--they are in need of major cleaning and organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I REALLY need to get busy doing this all over our home but canning is still going on here and to be honest I am just putting it off. I love the finished product once I get started, its just the getting started I have a hard time with. Anyway, yours looks great. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on Megan's room! Will you come make my girls' room look like that, pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Megan's room is adorable! I need to do the same in Darbee's room too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living with less is wonderful..we faithfully live that way at our home.
    Megan's room is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bins are fabulous! That would help my girls so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!