Friday, July 05, 2013

Happy Birthday, America!


I believe this might have been one of the better 4th of July holidays for me.  It was simple, slow, relaxing and fun.   We started the day out with a parade. 






I love small town events!  Where else can children decorate bikes and ride in a parade. Their expressions told exactly how much fun they were having!


After the parade it was over to the park for a small ceremony.  There was even public prayer before the ceremony began. Yes!  Then there were games and free food. 


I made an "All American" meal for dinner.   I had fun making these red, white and blue drinks.  Fill 1/3 of the way with Cran-Apple juice,  then add ice to the top.  Pour in Sprite.  Make sure to pour it over an ice cube (the prevents it from mixing)  and then add blue Gatorade.  Easy!


Temperature wise this was one of mildest 4th in a while.  We enjoyed our "All American" meal on the back porch.  Can I say how wonderfully supportive my husband is... instead of getting frustrated as I fussed with setting the table he helped out... he is great about supporting my need to make things pretty.  Thanks Chuck!




Our menu consisted of hot dogs, homemade fries, baked beans, watermelon and cookies.  (There was suppose to corn on cob but I didn't remember it until it was too late.) 

Then it was off for fireworks! 






I have had the privilege of visiting other countries and although I know our country is far from perfect I can't imagine living anywhere but here.  May God Bless America!

May your day filled with joy and contentment!


4 comments:

  1. So true about our country! My husband always reminds me of that.
    Everybody loves a parade! I used to decorate my bike in my small-town parade when I was little and growing up in western Pennsylvania! So neat, I didn't know other placed did that, and still do that! That was so much fun for us.

    Your table looks beautiful! Good American meal! (My favorite, hot dogs...I'm going to make one today...plus I love Sonic's chili dogs).

    I'm going to have to write down your drink...it is so pretty. Reminds me of those popsicles that are those colors, but I would prefer a refreshing drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a delightful 4th. Love Megan's patriotic outfit, and how awesome that the festivities included prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your daughter looks so cute and happy in her stars and stripes outfit.
    and your table is so cute- love all the red, white and blue!

    those drinks are in Starbucks bottles, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed fireworks at Greenwood, Beech Grove and Downtown Indy this year. What a wonderful week!

    Where was the parade and games? Greenwood?

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!