Monday, July 29, 2013

Garden Update


My garden is producing abundantly.  The tomatoes are starting to do their thing.  


I still have many that are green or just turning but was able to pick a few the other day.


After two years of the grapes drying up and falling off of the vine I have high hopes for these.  Last year we didn't even make it to the point that they started to turn.


Cherry tomatoes are right outside the back door.  Most of the times Megan eats these right off the vine! 


This is the last of the green beans as they were pulled last week.  I plan to replace them with peas. 


There are literally over 100 pints and quarts of these pretty things waiting to be devoured.  We have home canned green beans with almost all of our dinners.

While at the Children's Museum I saw this adorable sign.


Putting up pickles and making a zucchini coffee cake is on the agenda for today.

May your day filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, just came across your blog and when I saw that you'd adopted from China I checked on your "complete profile" and saw you used FTIA. Silly I guess I felt a connection because though we lived in So Cal at the time we used FTIA for the adoptions of both of our youngest two daughters.
    Your tomatoes look great, admit I'm envious as I haven't managed a new garden yet since moving to Florida a few months ago. Will check in on your families doings, all the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello wendi,
    your tomatoes look wonderful. wow..so many beans, i love green beans.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your veggies look wonderful - what a green thumb you have! I would love to learn how to can but I'm really afraid of blowing something up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tomatoes look so delicious. Sadly, the tomatoes we get here in the Dallas area are nothing like the tomatoes grown in the Midwest. If I don't get back to Iowa for a visit when the tomatoes are ripe, my aunt sends me some. She wraps them up in thin strips of bubble wrap(leaving parts of the tomato exposed) and packs them in the foam peanuts and they arrive in perfect condition! I treat them like gold and thoroughly enjoy every bite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Wendi, that's amazing! I just canned beans from our garden for the first time ever last week.

    Love the tip Sandy left above--we're blessed with fresh Iowa tomatoes--maybe I should mail some to a friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing quite like a garden-fresh tomato. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad your garden is doing so well. I love knowing we have a good supply of food for the winter. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beans are wonderful! So are the tomatoes...will you make sauce? I LOVE to see garden updates for people! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!