Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ferry Ride

While exploring we took a narrow, curvy road to get to the river. Once at the bottom we found a car ferry at the end of road.
 
While crossing over to the Ohio side of the river we were able to watch barges. 
 
 
 
A large line of cars were waiting to cross back across the river. 
 
 
Once on the other side we went the gas station to top off and get snacks.  We pulled of to enjoy our snack and watched to ferry cross a few times. 
 
 
 
 
As we were enjoying the view a storm started to form.  We tried to make it across the river before it hit.  Unfortunately after we were on the ferry it hit. 
 

Crossing the river during a thunderstorm made thing interesting. 

May your day filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. That looks fun. I love ferries! It seems that the kids always find them fascinating too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Well maybe not the storm part. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we crossed on a ferry once...I think in Maryland crossing over to go to Virginia! (White's ferry).
    We were following our gps...and we wondered what the backup ahead was..here we were in line for a ferry! (I guess White's ferry road means ferry....we had no idea we'd be using a ferry!) Luckily we had just the $5 needed to pay to cross as it was cash only. I was a bit afraid...and also a bit annoyed to sit and wait...never knew there were ferries still!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We almost went to the ferry today!! We usually go at least twice a year but we ride the boat as "foot traffic" for 50 cents each way. We just stand on the side and ride across. Jonathan asked me today if we could take the car across next time, so we may do that. We also go to McGlasson's farm a couple of miles south of the ferry for farm fresh produce and our pumpkins in the fall. I am enjoying seeing our area thru another's eyes. Again, glad you enjoyed your visit here! (I think I did a blog post on the ferry ride once)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did do a post about it!
    http://hereonhartland.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html
    Jonathan looks so much younger in those pictures...
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!