Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Summer Tradition....

Every year I have an idea of what I want summer to be like.  You know the lazy days of summer that seem endless.  Then reality hits and before I know it summer is rolling by faster then a freight train.  It seems to be especially true this year as our calendar is full!  So full that we have had no free weekends this month and are turning down some important events.  We are so sad that we have had to say no to VBS, a wedding and a couple of gathering with great friends.  Although sometimes stressful it is nice to feel loved and wanted!



Growing up my mom always made this cake.  It is something that her mother always made. 



Just the thought of it makes my heart and mind slow down. 


In the mist of what is sometimes chaos I want to take the time to savor simple moments.  I don't want this summer to be remembered as crazy.  I want memories of time in the kitchen, continuing a tradition, stealing a moment to laugh and love.





After lunch Megan went to swim with her cousin and the boys took naps.  I feel like I have been doubly blessed today.  Sweet memories making the cake and sweet memories enjoying it.  The heat and humidity are gone and it is a pleasant 75*.  Cool enough to actually enjoy a mug tea with my cake.  Awww... bliss!


May your day filled with joy and contentment!

8 comments:

  1. Lemon cake sounds yummy! Since Eric's allergic to citrus, I don't get to indulge in those treats very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi - I totally understand what you're saying about summer flying by! Oh my! It needs to SLOOOOW down. I seem to have been sick with sinus issues so much this spring and summer. It's frustrating me, to be honest. But I guess we all have seasons like that in our lives. And your lemon cake looks absolutely delish. I LOVE lemon anything. I wish I could figure out how to make a gluten free lemon cake because I do miss those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love lemon cake too. And I always enjoy seeing happy well cared for children, I think you are doing a great job as mom and daycare mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks delicious! Lemon is my favorite. Yes, summer is speeding by. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks delicious! Lemon is my favorite. Yes, summer is speeding by. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks delicious! Are you by chance sharing the recipe? I love the book you are reading. I read it many years ago and seeing it beside your tea and cake reminded me of it. I think I need to read it again this summer. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I've never made any sort of bundt cake (nor citrus flavored cake) in my life! This looks scrumptious! Also looks like you are passing along special & wise traditions ~ savoring each moment as God-given and precious!

    Blessings on the rest of your summer,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you had and the lemon cake looks great! It all goes by way to fast. Enjoy all the time you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!