Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ready, Set... Go!

Friday I loaded the kids up and we hit the road. The first stop was to pick a couple more passengers... my nieces.
 

Then it was off to the park.




A friend introduced me to this park last year.  It is off the beaten path and has a wonderful walking trail. 





The best thing is that we are usually the only ones there.  Such a pleasant experience!

Next we hit country roads to take us to our next destination. 


My parents back yard! 



Before leaving the house I had packed a cooler for lunch. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent in the pool at my parents.


Megan is becoming quite the little fish.  She says this is her favorite summer time activity. 

A thrifty day as the only cost was what was used in gas.  A full, fun day full of memories.  We are all looking forward to doing this again soon.   

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! A car-full of kids! Looks like you gave them a pretty fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing the park thing today as well. And how nice tat you can use your parents' pool to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day Wendi! That is the best part of life, doing something for kids to have fun! Children are what bring joy to life. I grew up with a playground that had that thingie that goes round and round...we used to love that! (quite dizzying!) Our parks are like that around here...no one else around...good for us, but you wonder why more people don't go to them. I guess most moms are all working during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Park+trail+cousins+pool+picnic=super fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These type of days are the best. Hopefully you will get to do this often this summer. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! Sometimes the free things make lots more fun and memories that the expensive things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!