Friday, May 03, 2013

Piano Recital

Megan performed at her first piano recital! She was excited and then very nervous. I was concerned for a moment that she might not go through with the recital. For those of you that have been around for a while you know that new things are difficult for Megan.   She is certainly not one that craves being the center of attention.  Her teacher (and long time friend of mine) is awesome!  When I told her that Megan was a little nervous she took her aside and practiced her pieces and offered words to calm and encourage Megan. 

After she returned her to her waiting seat she was all smiles and ready to go.
 

I admit that when she went up to play I had butterflies in my stomach!  I was praying she would do well. 






She did a fantastic job! 

 
Megan and her teacher, Mrs. Young.
 
My tenderhearted girl is growing into such a sweet young lady.  I am proud of you Megan!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Megan looks so pretty and did so well! I would be nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Megan!

    Thanks for your kind comment this morning, Wendi. We've been reading each other's blogs for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a beauty, and well done on the recital. I can just imagine your nervousness too, we tend to feel that way when our children go through these moments, don't we?

    Thank you so much for your words on my blog post, I really appreciate them Wendi.

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! (Recitals always made me nervous, too...) :)

    By the way, I know Janelle Young! Small world! She is a few years older than me, but we went to the same Christian school. Funny!

    ~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Megan! Way to go! I know she did great and you were one proud mama! My little one has been asking about piano lessons. I might check in to that soon. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Megan! :-). Hope you have a wonderful week

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!