Thursday, May 30, 2013

One Project Down...

I posted about staining the mailbox post. I am happy to say that the mailbox project is complete. I didn't take a before picture and could only find the following picture of when I repaired and repainted
the barn welcome sign.

 
 
I wanted this project to be as frugal as possible.  The numbers on our post where looking old and faded.  I was able to remove them and paint them with some black hammered spray paint I found in the garage.  Now they look as good as new!


I used the same stain we are using for our fence.  Not only did I stain the post I also painted the flower box around the post.  I debated about repainting the barn.  In the end I gave it a light sand to remove any loose paint and left it.  I kind of like the weathered look. 


One project down and what feels like a million to go.  That seems to be a perk of summer and home ownership. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

  1. That is one nice mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It looks really good. I also loved the fun (messy) things you did with the shaving creme and cornstarch. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I like the weathered look of the barn too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!