Monday, April 15, 2013

Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake

 
Chuck came across this recipe and asked me to make it for him.  It is super easy to put together.   
 
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
 
Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls.  Combine wet with dry ingredients.  Mix just until blended.  Pour into a buttered 8" pan.  Bake at 400* for 20-30 minutes.  Double this recipe for a 9x13 pan. 
 
This is delicious!   So good in fact that I doubled the recipe for a brunch at church on Saturday.  I had several request for the recipe.  I think it is good as is but Chuck asked that I try adding a cinnamon strudel topping next time.  That might make this dangerous!  Thank goodness the recipe is only for a 8" pan.  :)
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

8 comments:

  1. So ironic you posted this. Just last night I pulled up my Amish cinnamon bread recipe that I am going to try and get made today. I think I am going to put it in muffin tins though. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy and easy, and I like that it only contains ingredients I always have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and I am going to make it soon.
    Thanks for sharing it. I love snickerdoodle cookies so very much.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good. We do like snickerdoodle cookies, but just don't seem to make them a lot.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! I like cooking goodies for Jerry's work so this would be perfect to try. Thanks for sharing. If you like carrot cake I just posted a new healthy recipe I found along with a tuna salad lightened up. So good! Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,
    I got up from my computer when I read this and made a batch! Ha! I love finding a spontaneous little recipe that uses things I have on hand. I surprised my kids at snack time, and they loved it! (We ate the entire 8x8 pan in five minutes.) My boys asked for a drizzle of powdered sugar glaze on top, and it was really good. I used just a tad of powdered sugar, mixed with a few drops of vanilla and cream. I think it would also be pretty with just a light dusting of powdered sugar. If you are a cinnamon fan, our other recent find is Krusteez brand BOXED snickerdoodle cookies. I'm NOT one for box mixes, but these are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy...that sounds so good! I'm pinning it to make sometime in the near future! I like your husband's idea for the topping too! Thanks for sharing, Wendi!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I am going right now to make it. I was needing an idea for dessert for lunch. And ta-da, this is it! Thanks so much and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!