Monday, April 22, 2013

Pinned It, Made It: Oatmeal Banana Muffins

Banana bread is one of Chuck's favorite things.  I will often make it in muffin form as it is easier to put into a lunch box.  As I try, and I will emphasize try, to make things healthier I am looking for the perfect banana bread/muffin recipe.  I found this one and decided to give it a try. 

  
Next time I make these I will eliminate the white sugar.  I am going to try making a substitution with honey.



After these cool the texture is a little different.  Not bad, just not what I am use to.  I think the oatmeal gave them a good flavor.  I enjoy having a muffin and a cup of tea in the morning!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



linked to:

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice recipe. I made banana chocolate chip muffins a lot for the girls. I also have a recipe I got from Mrs. Holcomb for oatmeal muffins. They are my favorite while the chocolate chip ones are the girls favorite. Maybe this recipe would combine the best of both worlds. I'll have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe--I try to avoid wheat/gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love banana bread and this looks like a wonderful idea also.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    I love banana bread and I'm going to try this. Looks so good! I love banana cake with cream cheese icing too...not as healthy, but I love that flavor together!

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make banana muffins alot - I think the oatmeal would be a little change for us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound good and look really pretty! My husband likes banana bread and muffins too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some bananas that need used up, so will have to give this a try. They sound healthy. May try the honey instead of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and isn't Pinterest so addicting! Lol. Ave a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!