Monday, April 08, 2013

Laundry, Laundry

One of the joys, blessings and sometime struggles is laundry. It is one of those never ending task that is much more enjoyable if you do it with a smile on your face.

I know that warm weather is just around the corner.  That means many hours spent outside gardening, cutting grass and watching the kids enjoy the sunshine.    Oh my I can't wait!  To get ready for all of the fun in the sun I used an afternoon to get my laundry supplies in order.  I started out making a big batch of laundry soap.  I used Zote instead of Fels Naptha and I like it much better.  Especially the scent. 


Do you see the blue flakes in the bucket?  I decided to add a box of Purex 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster.  A little extra kick for all summer clothes. 



I recently made a batch of homemade fabric softener.  I could tell no difference in my clothes.  The only difference is in the cost. 


Since I decided this was going to be my go to softener I purchased this container for easy dispensing.  I also like that it is clear so I can see how much I have used. 



I am still loving the homemade stain remover.  It works fantastic!  The only problem is that it clogged the sprayer.  I am pretty sure that it is the baking soda.  I tried to heat up the water and dissolving the baking soda.  No go.  I resorted to buying a water bottle.  Problem solved!


Since I like to be nosey   take a peek at how other store things I thought I would give you a look at where I keep my laundry items.  I have cabinets above my washer and dryer.  I store my extra laundry detergent in a five gallon bucket on the top of my cabinets. 


Here is a look inside my cabinet.  I store my stockpile of baggies and dish washing tablets on the top shelf.  The bottom shelf has my laundry goodies and extra furniture polish. 


I now think I am ready for a load or two of laundry. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. Want to come to my house and organize my cabinets? Yours look so nice and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! I like how you have your recipes on each container too...that is a good idea.

    Laundry is such an important function in homemaking.

    I am excited to work outside soon too. It is amazing how nature transforms into so much growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day about your homemade stain remover and if you were still liking it. I am still using on the big jug of shout that I bought but I definitely want to make the homemade when I use it up. We make our own laundry soap and fabric softener. I think it is a great way to save money. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you called them laundry "goodies." =(

    I've never made laundry detergent, though I've thought about it off and on. I don't use fabric softener; I use dryer balls.

    So happy spring is here, though I just heard on the radio that we might get snow later this week. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea for the clogged stain remover bottle. I think I will use an empty dish detergent bottle. I think fabric softener will be my next foray into homemade cleaners. You have an impressive stockpile of baggies and such!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!