Saturday, April 27, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.


I feel like I haven't been a very good blogger lately.  Life is full and I feel like I am in a little rut.  Spring is slow in coming this year and I think that might have something to do with it.  There have been a few warm, sunshine days mixed in here and there.  I am thankful for those and have been enjoying them to their fullest. 



It is said the April showers bring May flowers.  I have a feeling that May is going to be full of beautiful blooms!


I think my girl might be ready to skip spring and head straight for summer!


I am in the process of starting a new adventure... composting!  I have two of these containers and am going to give it a whirl.  I am lucky to have a very supportive husband who is always willing to give me a hand when I start something new. 

 
As the school year is starting to finish up the calendar has been full.  Last week Megan had a school wide choir program. 
 

Today has been busy with a trip to the hardware store and yard work.  This evening we will be joining friends for dinner.  I hope that you are having a great weekend!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

 


6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures as always :)

    We have a composter, but we don't seem to get the output that was advertised. I keep doing it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I composed for a couple of years. It was fun! I just fenced off a corner of my yard, and the stuff really got nice and dark and was very healthy to put in my gardens!

    Your flowers are pretty. Your grass sure likes the cooler spring. I agree with your kids....go right into summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated on the composting. We have talked about it a lot just haven't taken the plunge yet. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have grass! It's so pretty, we still have brown ground, but it's not forzen anymore so, like you, we are slowly getting spring. Love the flowers. Let us know how the composting goes, is it a lot of work? Enjoy your JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Wendi! I get in ruts too when it comes to blogging! I'm excited that you're composting. We've been composting for something like five years now, and it's SO nice to have the nutrient-rich compost to use in our gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful week Wendi! Best wishes on your new projects.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!