Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Fistful of Love

One of the joys of motherhood is hearing the words "Mama, I picked these for you." Sure they are just weeds and on most accounts a sign of a lawn in need of a little maintenance. 


A fistful of love given freely, whole heartily.  To a mothers heart they are nothing but pure joy! 
 
... See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. ~ Matthew 6:28-29

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

They are pretty! Ha...I remember being little and confused when my mom acted like she didn't want the dandelions I picked for her. I thought they were so pretty.

Your cake looks good and moist!

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

They are certainly beautiful weeds. I made the cake. It is delicious! Thanks again for sharing the recipe. God bless.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful.

Have a wonderful evening.

~Cheryl

Holly said...

Precious. I have a small jar of little yellow flowers and weeds that Darbee picked for me just the other day. Such sweet times.

Tracy said...

Beautiful!!

Sharon Larson said...

I always enjoyed the picking mom flowers when the boys were young.
The look on their little faces was always priceless when you made a fuss over them.
I made your cake and it was a real winner at my house.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs

LynnMarie said...

So pretty and from the heart which makes them glow even more. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

Beautiful!

Jill said...

These are always my favorite flowers from my girls...dandelions and all! ;-) Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh boy do I know the joy and love that comes with those flowers picked by our children!

Love yours, Wendi! So sweet!

Tammy

Sandra said...

Awww those are beautiful, weeds or not :)