Monday, March 04, 2013

Pinned It, Made It: Baked French Toast

I recently tried this recipe.


1 loaf sourdough bread (1.5 pound loaf)
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 T vanilla

For Topping

1/2 cup flour
1/2  brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces

Grease a 9x13 pan with butter. Tear or cut bread into chunks and place evenly in the pan.  Mix eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla and pour over bread.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.  Make topping at this time.  Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cut in butter to make a crumb mixture.  Store this in the frig overnight. 
 
Preheat oven to 350* and add crumb topping to bread mixture.   Bake for 1 hour. 
 

I am not a huge fan of french toast but I liked this.  I love that I am able to mix it up the night before and just throw it into the oven the next morning.


It is a nice treat on a busy Sunday morning!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


Linked to:

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and sweet! Great breakfast for a group I bet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying this one, Wendi! I like easy ones that can be mixed up the night before too! Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

    Megan looks so cute!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jessica has made this before and they liked it as well. I think I will have to give it a try. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be trying this too! We love french toast and I love that you can make this in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make this. It looks yummy. Megan is a doll.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!