Monday, March 11, 2013

Picture Frame Menu Board

I purchased a picture frame recently and before I could use it I broke the glass. I could have purchased a new piece of glass, but it was an inexpensive frame and that would have cost more then I had spent to begin with.


I stewed about it for a while and then had the idea to use it to pretty up my menu area.  This is what the area previously looked like.  


Functional but not at all pretty.  I put the frame up and got a general idea of the inside area of the frame and then taped it off. 


I dug out the can of chalkboard paint and got busy. 


I used Velcro to attach the frame to the door. 


The menu would only take up about half of this space.  I then needed to decide how to use the bottom half.  I thought about using it for a to do list or for listing shopping items.  In the end I decided to write a scripture.  I ended up choosing Matthew 4:4.   I used a chalkboard marker from Hobby Lobby.  An indulgence that I have never regretted!


After seeing how pretty it looked I was on the search for an attractive menu calendar. 



If you are interested I got my menu here.  It is 8x11 standard if you print it.  I saved it and put it into my Hallmark card making program so that I could change it to print landscape. 


I love when I am able to take something that might otherwise become trash and make it into something useful.  Especially when it becomes beauty!  I can't tell you how many times I have opened the cabinet door to peek at this. :)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

8 comments:

*carrie* said...

This looks awesome, Wendi. Great job!

Rhonda said...

Great project! You really made lemonade from lemons.

Cheryl said...

What a great idea. Have a wonderful day.

~Cheryl

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Great idea! I love it when I can use something that previously would have been thrown away. Enjoy your day and God bless.

LynnMarie said...

I am always amazed how you take lemons(something broken) and turn it into someting amazing (this menu board). Great job

angie said...

Some of the best projects result from happenstance. And our creativity is often sparked by necessity. Nice way to "reframe" a unfortunate break.

Sandra said...

I LOVE that, what a neat project. I need to make one myself, great idea :)

Laura Lane said...

What a good idea!