Friday, March 29, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Sunday afternoon the snow started falling. 


Sharing a Bible story before bed. 


Using cinnamon rolls instead of biscuits rolled in cinnamon and sugar made these a quick breakfast. 


Make Resurrection biscuits with marshmallows.  Great, great activity.  It opened up a huge discussion. 


This was the first week of spring break. 


Megan and I have had so much fun being together. 


An evening spend dying eggs at my parents. 


So thankful that the snow is almost gone. 


It warmed up enough to play on the back porch yesterday. 


Even with winter hanging on signs of spring are all around. 


Megan discovered a new way to eat her strawberry and whipped cream.  She calls this an ice cream cone.  Silly girl! 



My morning will be spend straightening the house and doing a little cooking for the weekend.  I then plan to quiet my heart.  Easter is my favorite time of the year.  The greatest sacrifice and gift that a person will ever receive.  It is such a powerful thing that I can't even put it into words. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. Looks like everyone is having a great time. I really like your expession of "quieting your heart". I think that is something we should all do especially during this time. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures. My bleeding heart is coming up. That is usually the first thing to come up in the spring for me.

    Have a wonderful weekend as we celebrate the Lord's resurrection.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, you do such a good job. Have a happy Easter and may your heart feel the full glory of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun, we also make Resurrection Cookies and my kids love it :)

    Glad your snow is melting.

    Have a wonderful Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet pictures! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!

    Many Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!