Friday, March 01, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 

A little mending of my bed skirt.


Keeping a couple of wild guys busy.


In Indiana we say "Don't mind the weather.  Just blink and it will change."  This week did not disappoint.  Ice, rain (notice the gage) and then snow. 



We all have spring fever and have been heading outside as much as possible.  Even fifteen minutes on a sunny day does wonders for our mood. 


Meijer had a lot of 10 for 10 with the 11th item free this week.  I stocked up on pasta, tissues and snack bags.  I am trying hard to get the freezer and pantry stocked as Chuck's job future is still very unstable. 


As Megan gets older we find that we are playing more and more games.  This is great as Chuck and I enjoy games and use to spend out Saturday evenings playing while we were dating. 

I am now off to find joy in a broom, dust cloth and a box marked Goodwill.  I plan to spend the next two weeks doing a deep cleaning. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

8 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post this is. How true, joy is there for the ones who search for it.

    Hope you have a wonderful day enjoying your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Wendi, you know I feel the same way about finding joy in the every day things :)

    So true about the kids growing up, we find now that ours are grown we can play board games and do other fun activities together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! So glad you found such a great deal at the store! Enjoy the deep cleaning, I'm getting rid of as much winter in our home as possible. So Time For Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful to donate to charities. It is a win-win when it comes to decluttering our houses.
    May I also suggest, as you strive to prepare for an uncertain future, that you sell some of the goods you are parting with. Craigslist, yard sale (local yahoo groups that buy/sell) are easy. Today I have sitting on my porch a bag for a freecycle pickup and 2 items to be sold, each for $10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried your vinegar rinse on our grapes today, Wendi. Thanks for the tip!

    Have a good weekend. Our kids love games, too! Sequence for Kids is a big favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is joy to be found in the simplest things when we look for them! I love all your simple joys....love the game playing as a family!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do some major deep cleaning. Your post is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!