Monday, February 04, 2013

Pinned It, Made It: Balloon Experiment

I saw this fun way to fill up balloons.  We gave it a try and it was so much fun!

 
I like that it was simple and used items that I already had in my pantry.  You fill a plastic bottle a 1/3 of the way with vinegar.  Then you fill the balloon half full of baking soda. 
 
 
You then put the balloon over the top of the bottle.  Making sure not to dump in any baking soda while doing this. 
 
 
Then the balloon is lifted up and the baking soda is dropped in.  This is when the magic begins.  And for us the laughs too!
 
 
The sound of the reaction of baking soda and vinegar made Megan run!  She thought that the balloon was going to be filled so full that it would pop. 
 

Once she realized that wasn't going to happen she was ready to do more.  A fun evening for sure!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

Linked to:

7 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    That's such a fun experiment! I had forgotten about that one...I know Luke would love it...we need to do that! I LOVE that next to last pic of Megan. She looks so excited! I love it when kids get excited while learning! So precious!

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it! Monday! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. my boys would of loved this when they were kids and I know they would of used every bit of baking soda and vinegar in the pantry to keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever experiment. Good for you for keeping up with trying some of your pins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did this at a birthday party of mine when I was young. It was a lot of fun! Of course, the balloon had a couple small holes in it, so it sprayed everywhere!! It was hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and easy = lots of fun for little ones! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the look on Megan's face. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun project! I'm thinking next time I babysit my nephews, we may have to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!