Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tip Tuesday

Have you ever heard of paint pyramids? I hadn't until I walked into the garage while Chuck was painting something.

 
My first thought was How could I have not known about these?!  You can pick them up for about $5.  These are surely a crafters friend as I no longer have items stuck to the paper or cardboard.  Genius!
 
---------- ♥ ----------
 
My cutting boards see their fair share of use.  Unfortunately running them through the dishwasher does not always do the trick.  I could use bleach to get rid of the stains, but I don't like the idea of using bleach on them.
 
 
I rub half a lemon over the board and let it sit for about 20 minutes. 
 
 
Wipe the board off and the stains should be gone.
 
 
An added bonus is that lemon is suppose to be a natural disinfectant.
 
---------- ♥ ----------
 
While baking cookies for a bake sale last week I went to measure out brown sugar and it was hard.  I mean hard as a rock.  The solution was to place a damp towel over the brown sugar and microwave for 30 seconds. 
 
 
I did have to stir and repeat a few times to get it softened enough. 
 
 
Being able to scoop your brown sugar is a good thing!
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

10 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

All of those are great tips....I've never seen the paint pyramids either...I wonder if Jason has? Thanks for sharing, Wendi!

Blessings,
Tammy

Sandra said...

I need those paint pyramids, my goodness, I always get everything stuck to the papers too.

Oh and for your brown sugar, add a slice of bread to your sugar bag. It will absorb all the moisture and keep your sugar soft :)

LynnMarie said...

All good tips. I have heard of paint pyramids, I use those cones for road side problems - works the same way.

*carrie* said...

Good ideas, Wendi. I'd never heard of those pyramids, but can see how they would be useful!

I've read that about lemons but never tried. Will have to keep that in mind.

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I can't believe I did not know about those paint pyramids. I'm sure a woman invented them! Great ideas, thanks for sharing. God bless.

Katie said...

Never heard of these handy do dad pyramids ~ how neat!

Love the smell of lemon ~ I sometimes put an orange down the garbage disposal too. (Wasn't that a tip from you also?) =)

Keep the tips coming, Wendi!!

Tracy said...

Great ideas Wendi, thanks for sharing. My cutting board looks terrible so I am especially excited to try the lemon trick!

angie said...

I love useful tips such as these! Right now, I have some lemons that need to be used. And-some cutting boards that are looking rather dingy.
Another idea I have seen for keeping small painted pieces off the table top is to put a push pin in the underside.

Shaina Christensen said...

for your brown sugar you can also use a marshellow. it keeps its soft.

Shaina Christensen said...

you can also use a marshmellow with your brown sugar