Monday, January 28, 2013

Pinned it, Made It: Spray Painting Plastic Stools

The stool that is keep in the bathroom is an item that we found. While at the grocery store years ago we watched someone take a bunch of things out of their trunk and dump it all into a cart return. You know what they say... "someones trash is another persons treasure." We needed a stool for Megan to reach the sink so we gave it a new home.
 

Functional... very. Pretty... not so much. The cheapskate in me could not see buying another stool. No matter how much I disliked the current one.

Rhonda has such great ideas and when I saw the transformation of her plastic stools I pinned the idea for later. This was on the to do list before Christmas and finally made it to the top.


I am a happy girl to see the dated blue go bye bye.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


  Linked to:

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me what a can of spray paint can do! It's a do-it-yourselfer's best friend. :)

    I keep cans of spray paint here...especially my favorites - black and the rusty textured one (can't remember what it's called). They work wonders!

    I love it your stool. Now Megan can step up in style. :)

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday, Wendi.

    Have a great week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say - I love your stool (an "it" made its way in there). :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have those same kind of stools but ours are a charcoal grey so they blend in pretty well!

    Good job! As you know, I love spray paint too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! and you got yours free? how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 of the same blue stool, and one I picked from my neighbor's curb. I would love to get rid of the blue, too. Did you use spray paint specifically for plastic? How many coats did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a blue stool just like yours. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. It is amazing what a coat of fresh paint can do. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of paint did you use? I've been wanting to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used Rust-oleum Universal Advanced Formula Metallic paint & primer in one. It says for any surface, any angle and then list wood, metal, plastic and masonry as some of the surfaces it covers. I used oil rubbed bronze and it took two coats. I purchased a new bottle for this project and I have plenty of paint left for several more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Spray paint is inexpensive and changes the look so much!

    ReplyDelete


  10. Wonderful blog & good post. awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!
    Edmonton Painters
    Painters Edmonton

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!