This is my version.
This is what I started with. I can't believe I am even showing this. I would clean this drawer out then it would almost always end up just like this within a couple of months.
The first thing I did was pull everything out. (Ignore my felt poinsettias. The one thing I missed when putting Christmas away.)
I then measured and cut out a piece of brown paper. I put it into the drawer to make sure that I had measured correctly.
Once I knew I had the paper the correct size I started to play with arrangement.
Once I had things where I wanted them I drew lines to know where the dividers would go.
This is the part where I failed to take any pictures. Instead of cereal boxes I used cardboard. Chuck happens to work in the packaging and shipping department so I have an unlimited supply of scrap cardboard.
I cut cardboard to surround the entire drawer and then began to cut out the dividing pieces. I wrapped them in scrapbook paper. You could certainly leave them plain to be more cost effective. I then put all of my dividers in and put the items back in the drawer before anything was glued. Good thing since I decided to move the back where the thermometers went to the front. I then just shifted everything back a little. I also realized that it was going to be difficult to get the bottle opener out. I added an additional piece of cardboard to that area to raise it up. Once all of this was done the hot glue gun got a work out.
Now I know that some of you are thinking that there is no way this is everything that you saw on the counter. You are right. I am doing some rearranging and will be moving some things to another drawer. I am actually so happy with the way this turned out that I am going to do all the drawers. Once they are done I will do another update.
Please stop by and visit Tammy for some great ideas.
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!