Tuesday, January 01, 2013

JOY

Those of you that been around for a while might remember when I put up this post about finding my joy.  I have come a long way since that time, but am still on the journey to live a life full of true joy and contentment. 

The mistake that I have made is believing that joy comes from perfection.  When I strive for perfect I am always setting my self up for failure, disappointment and certainly not a life full of joy.  I have come to realize that the only true perfection is God and Jesus.  Although others may seem perfect really no one is. 

As the new year begins we have made our list of goals. 


 
One of my goals is to purge, organize, and make some changes to the way we live.  I found this quote:

Clutter is any distraction that gets in the way of a remarkable life. ~ Erin Doland

Wow! Now that is a great definition! She goes on to say that "clutter doesn’t have to be physical — you can have time clutter or mental clutter or even bad processes that qualify as clutter." As I was reading this all I could think was Yes! Yes! Yes!

I have so much clutter that it is certainly getting in the way of living with joy. I don't mean just stuff either. Although I do have plenty of that. Chuck and I have been talking about this for a while. We have decided to make some changes this year. A great tag line for us this year is going to be "I'm sorry we aren't able to do that." Sure we love to be out and about and giving our time, but it seems that some of that had become clutter. So, if it isn't going to enrich our lives, bring us joy, then it just might not make the list.


In the next few months not only will I be removing the physical clutter, but also paring down the clutter of living life. I don't want to just desire to live a simple life full of joy and contentment I want to actually live that life.

Step one: pray about it!
Step two: review the calendar.
Step three: start purging one room/area at a time.
Step four: don't be afraid to say "I'm sorry we aren't able to do that!"
Step five:  find joy in the ordinary!

As we move forward into 2013 I will be sharing more as this progresses.  I am going to start by doing some purging and organizing of my home.  I find that when I have too much stuff and am not organized that it really effect other areas.  Wishing you all the best in 2013!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. I pray you have success with this goal. I definitely need to organize and clean out some of our stuff. I look forward to hearing of your progress. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned tosay NO Thank a long time ago (we are a lot older than you) and it has been the best thing EVER!! After a while, people stop bugging you to join everything and belong to every group. So stick to your guns and it will get better.
    We are purging our rooms of stuff - all the bits of projects that we will most likely Not do! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look forward to your updates on this purging of clutter-physical, mental, and schedule. I too fall into the habit of thinking that perfection must proceed joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decluttering and purging is definitely on my todo list this year. It feels so good to purge and get organzied. Saying no is also very important I agree. Happy New Year Wendi and many blessings to your family.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on this same mission this year. I am working on purging our home of anything we don't love or use. I think everyone is on board which is the first step. It will take a while to complete what I want to do but I hope not too long. :) Best of luck to you in your de-cluttering. I look foward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on this same mission this year. I am working on purging our home of anything we don't love or use. I think everyone is on board which is the first step. It will take a while to complete what I want to do but I hope not too long. :) Best of luck to you in your de-cluttering. I look foward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!