Friday, January 11, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 
 A freshly cleaned night stand and a new set of lamps gifted at Christmas.  Makes me smile every time I turn it on.
 
 
A cute helper getting drinks ready.
 
 
Getting back into the routine after a busy couple of weeks.
 
 
Plenty of giggles as ring around the rosie turned into the jump game.
 
 
Just to bring a smile.

 
A brave husband grilling out in the pouring, cold rain.  Hey, we can pretend it is summer, right?!

 
 
If you are interested I updated yesterdays post about the homemade fabric softner.
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Joy is my "One word" for this year. I'm so glad you are finding joy in everyday things. It's makes you a joy to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your Hubby grilling in the rain. I have done this before myself. We love grilling. Thanks for the update on the stain remover. I just bought a big thing of Shout but as soon as it is used up I am making the homemade one. I'm so glad to see it works. I made dish soap yesterday. I put a post on with the recipe if you are interested. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have similar lamps! I love ordinary days! There's so much joy to be found if I look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have so many little gifts surrounding us, don't we!? Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Currently, we have mismatched lamps on our (mismatched) nightstands. I love the size of your lamp. Can you tell me where it was bought? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie~ We have mismatched night stands also. The lamps came from Wal-mart. I think they were Better Homes and Garden brand. They didn't come with the shades and I purchased those at The Christmas Tree Shop for a whopping $4.99 each. ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ordinary days, but then I think I don't have to tell you that hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!