Friday, January 04, 2013

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things. 
 
 
 
A sweet pick me up in the afternoon.
 
 
Breakfast in the freeze for the man I love.
 
 
Paper that is calling my name for some creative time.
 
 
Some much needed cleaning.
 
 
Dinner, birthday cake and presents with one of my special nieces.
 

Some evening down time with a light read and a cup of hot chocolate.  Ordinary, simple things that make life joyful. 
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

that looks like a perfect day to me.
I am so glad you posted Tammy's hot chocolate - it is my favorite pick me up treat right now.

hope you have a great day again.

earlene said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and relaxtion.

Amber said...

It really is so very helpful to count the small blessings! This is something I've been trying to be very conscious about for the last year or so. It really started when I read Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts." It really does give you a new perspective!

angie said...

When we get to the root of what gives us JOY, the list really is simplistic. I am enjoying similar tasks and treats.

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

It is the simple ordinary things that give us all such joy. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy your day and God bless.

Sandra said...

LOVE Wanda Brunstetter, and I haven't read that book yet, now I want to :)

gramma D said...

Would be interested in how you clean your upholstery. Your couch looks just like mine.