This was my inspiration for the project.
I don't have burlap and didn't want to spend any money on this project. I thought about using some muslin and when I walked into my craft/sewing area I spotted this.
I had keep the legs when I cut off my torn capris. Perfect! What a way to "use it up!"
For the hearts I pulled out my scrap box and searched for pieces of homespun red.
When making the hearts I traced the entire heart on the back of the fabric. Before I cut I folded it in half and made sure the bottom point and the middle of the top are lined up. That way when I cut I am sure to have both halves of the heart the same.
I used heat and bond to attach the hearts. I love that stuff!
I used hot glue to put it all together.
When I went to get the twine I noticed a bag of mini clothes pins in the box. I thought I would see how they looked.
I loved what it added to the banner. When I look at it I think about warm days and fresh laundry on the line!
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!