Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snow Day!

The Friday before Christmas ended up being a snow day for Megan.  Not really because of the snow, but due to the wind.  It was a half day and a Happy Birthday Jesus! party and a gift exchange had been planned.  Megan was really disappointed.  I decided that I would make our time at home special. 
 
 We started the day out with snowman pancakes and I served them on snowman plates that Grammi had given us.  
 
 
 
We weren't able to go outside due to the wind so I went out and brought the snow in.  This is always a hit!
 

 
 
Some time was spent reading snow themed books and watching Frosty.
 
 
The family I babysit for brought gifts Friday morning.  One the things Megan received was a package of foam snowflakes.  Perfect!  We painted on glue and glittered them.
 
 
The afternoon ended with a little bit of gluing and painting.
 
 
It was a fun day.  Today we are enjoying a true snow day as we are under a blizzard warning.  We plan to stay cozy and warm at home.  We have leftovers to enjoy and Christmas toys to play with. 
 
May your day filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy a cozy day snuggled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I'm sure they really loved having the snow brought in to them. Stay warm and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun day Wendi. Love all the snow ideas. Now if only we could get snow here in the desert. Have a safe and cozy day inside;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow has been our rain. As we have had so much rain since Hurricane Sandy, some snow would be welcome. I love the cozy, insulated feel it lends. Sounds like you made the best of a windy day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!