Monday, December 03, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: JOY Blocks

I have Christmas on my mind. Like many of you I need to spend as little as possible. While browsing Pinterest I can across these.

 
Adorable!  I need teacher gifts and something personal for Megan's great aunt.  I thought these would be something Megan and I could do together.  We used pickets left from where we cut the curve on our fence.   Once I sanded them well Megan was ready to paint.
 


For the polka dots we used the eraser on a new pencil.


I printed letters using Word and then cut them out to create a stensil.  It didn't work as well as I would have liked.  I will have to come up with a plan B for lettering if we do this again.  Megan used a Sharpie to write "to the world." 



Considering Megan is six I think these turned out great.  I am happy.  I have a personal gift to give and we made it using what we had on hand.  Win, win!

Please stop by and visit Tammy for inspiring ideas!


May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! I think Megan's handwriting is a lovely addition. So cute!

    And a great idea to make polka dots with an eraser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Those are so cute. I like yours better than the original. Megan did a great job. I think her writing and your version makes it all the more personalized and they're going to love that gift!

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipients will be delighted by Megan's hand made gift. It is wonderful that you were able to use scraps from your fencing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious and thoughtful ~ what a delight to any teacher (or anyone)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project. They turned out really cute.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looks great! And how much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She did a great job! So did you I might add. I think she just might take after her Mom in the crafting department. Hope you have a great day.

    Belssings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! They are so cute. Thanks for sharing the idea. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's very cute indeed and the fact that Megan helped makes them more special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love yours even more!! Such a great gift and with Megans handwriting it will be something to treasure;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!