Monday, November 05, 2012

Breadcrumbs

While grocery shopping this month I lost my list midway... ugh! I had to wing it and hope for the best. I did really well. While reading this post I realized that breadcrumbs were on my list. Opps! I have never made my own breadcrumbs. I am not really sure why.
 
They were super easy to make.  I used my mini chopper to crumble the bread (I used about 1/4 a loaf) then baked them for an hour at 250*.   I added parsley, garlic powder and just a touch of basil to season them. 


Next time I will grind the bread into smaller bits.   


Other then that I think they are beautiful!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Best way is making your own, no added preservatives :-) Love the look in a jar too! Hope your having a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Cheryl said...

I have done that as well. It is so frustrating to go without a list. I need to make some breadcrumbs when mine are gone. I wonder if it would help to toast first and then crumble. You might be able to get them finer.

Have a wonderful evening with your family.

~Cheryl

Rhonda said...

Yours look delicious and I am sure they cost less than a cannister of factory ones.

Debra said...

I really like homemade breadcrumbs & they're so easy. Love your new blog header. :)

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Wow, I never even thought of making my own breadcrumbs. Thanks for giving me a new idea to try. Yours look great. Enjoy your day and God bless.

blessedx4 said...

If I forget my list or lose it I usually just have to leave. LOL. I can't shop without one. Your breadcrumbs look yummy.

Blessings,
Tiffany