Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Project Pass or Fail?

I have an idea for a Christmas project.  I saw a round enamelware style bucket at Michaels. I didn't have a coupon when I was there so I decided to wait to go back the next week. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I finally made it back. The bucket I wanted was no longer there. Out of stock and I was told there would be no more. They said their seasonal supply will be limited this year as they are trying to avoid a lot of unsold merchandise. I get it, but still I was disappointed. So, on to plan B. I couldn't find a round container so I settled for this oval. The price was right and with my coupon I hoped to make it work.
 

I had Chuck spray it with an off white paint.  One that I had for another project. 


When that was done I painted the rim in my favorite brick red color.  I wasn't in love with it at this point so I lightly sanded where I had painted the rim.  My hope was to give it a old feel.

 

This is one of those project where I wasn't like Wow I love it! when I was done.  Now my question to you is did I pass or fail at achieving my goal?  What do you think? 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you that I work at Michaels and for you to send me a picture and I would be if we had it in Maryland. But... after seeing your project I don't think that you need it!!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you passed with flying colors, Wendi! :) I love how it turned out! And you have the satisfaction of knowing you created it! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like the shape of the container? If so, I'd say it is a keeper as the paint makes it look like authentic enamelware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I would say "pass". Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it, and can't wait to see what you are going to put in it!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendi, just stopping in to check out your blog after you were so sweet to leave a comment on my blog. I think your "enamelware" bucket turned out nice. A bit of a glossy finish would give it the extra push it needs to look authentic. Enamelware is usually high gloss. But you did a great job transforming it and probably for a lot less than the original was.

    Thanks again for stopping by The Cozy Old Farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!