Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Handprint/Fingerprint Tree

I almost hate to admit this but I have started to think about Christmas. Yes, I know it isn't even November yet! I looked at the calendar for December and almost cried when saw how packed it is. I made the decision that I was going to work ahead so that the busy schedule and all the other things that come with the month of December would not take away the wonder of the season.

I saw this idea and thought it was something that the boys would enjoy.  We did it last week and they turned out better then I had imagined!
 

You know how crazy a two and three year old can get when they are painting so  I made a template to keep things neat.  I cut out a circle in another piece of cardstock for where the leaves would go.  I placed it over the handprint tree trunk that way I could let the boys do it, but still control where the paint went.  Trust me if I hadn't done that there would be fingerprints everywhere!  I originally hadn't planned to make the leaves falling.  Since there was an oops with the paint falling leaves it was!


I always have the boys make a handmade Christmas gift for their parents.  When I saw how wonderful these looked I knew what the boys would be giving this year. 


To make it super frugal I could have gone thrifting for frames.  As things are busy right now I opted to buy frames that were on sale and then use an extra 15% off coupon.  I can't tell you how happy I am with the way these turned out.  I hope Jeff and Angel love them as much as I do!

Please be sure to stop by and visit Tammy for more Pinterest inspired ideas.



May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. I love them too and thanks for the circle tip. My 2and3 year old grands can do these too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute craft. I like the tip of the circle. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing it. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable, Wendi! I love how they turned out too and in the frame, they look so charming! What parents wouldn't LOVE those?

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out super cute!! I really love putting children's artwork in frames.
    Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And in those frames, they look like very nice decor!

    I need to start getting supplies gathered for the littles to make their parent gifts this year. It's a good idea to start early; I usually wait until the week of Christmas and schedules always end up changing and being extra hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift and so clever. Love the frames as well and will make a great Christmas gift. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is precious! What a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is on my list of projects to do with my kiddos. It looks so pretty. I love it.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!