Sunday, October 21, 2012

Living Life

As I type this I am cozy under a nice blanket listening to the hum of the dryer. Megan is in bed for the night and Chuck is sitting next to me watching a race he recorded earlier today. So much has happened in the last week that I don't even know where to begin. 


The big news is that Chuck and I made the decision to be baptized last Sunday.   Our pastor came by last Saturday and we made the decision at that time.  We didn't tell anyone we were doing this. 
On Sunday morning those who were going through baptism spoke and then Pastor Bryan said that he had been speaking with a couple other people about baptism, could we please come forward.  As we were leaving the isle I heard Chuck's mom say "Awwww" as she sucked in a huge breath. 

It was amazing hearing my husband become emotional as he shared his heart.  To be able to share this experience with the one I love is indescribable. 

Megan has been home for the past two weeks for fall break.  It feels like she has been home a long time.  I have mixed feelings about her returning to school tomorrow.  She loves it, but I really miss her. 



One night while making pizza I went to help Megan spread the dough.  She asked how I could do it so well.  I told her it is experience and she would get better the more she did it.  She look at me and then said who are you... Chef Boyardee?  I laughed and then thought someone has been watching to much television! 


We are experiencing some Indian Summer.  I am trying to take advantage of it. 


I hope that the rain holds off so I can clean out the flower beds and complete some projects. 


Chuck is off for the next two days.  I am looking forward to spending my days with him. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    That is so neat about you and Chuck being baptized together last Sunday!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you two were baptized! Love the "Chef Boyardee" statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you and Chuck were baptized together. My husband and I were baptized together as well and it was a wonderful blessing. God and the angels are celebrating your new birth and Satan is planning an attack so stay close to the word, you will need it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great about being baptized. What a testimony for your little one as well.

    We don't have fall breaks out here, but I can see where it would be nice. I hope that you have a great day today. I am sure it will be nice to have Chuck home the next couple of days.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat that you were baptized together! Megan is so funny and such a helper!

    You won the pumpkin giveaway on my blog! If you can email me your address, I'll get them sent out to you! Thanks!

    maryannshouse at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful about your Baptisms. :) I love the photos. The one of chef Megan steals my heart. :) Your home is such a beautiful place. Your are making wonderful memories.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!