Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Headlight Cleaner

Another week is beginning and that means it is time to share another completed project from Pintrest  on Pinned It, Made It Monday .

 
I pinned this idea and decided to give it a try this weekend.  All you need is a tube of plain ol'toothpaste (nothing fancy like gels) and some rags. 
 

This is Chuck's truck and it is weird that only the passenger side headlight had this build up of grime and yuck.  The other side was perfectly clear.  Anyway this is the before. 

I put a large around of the toothpaste on an old washcloth and then rubbed it over the light.  It reminded me of waxing a car.  I then used a clean towel and buffed the toothpaste off.  While I was doing it Chuck came out and he was surprised how well this was working.  He decided that we should do it a second time and the results were even better!

 
I will note that as a precaution we did drive the truck through the car wash when we were done.  Chuck had a concern about any toothpaste we missed on the paint and chrome.  He wasn't sure it it would have a negative effect over time.  He tends to be on the cautious side. 
 
We were both amazed by the transformation. 
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'll need to do this.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!!!! Gotta tell the hubs about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the things we find on Pinterest is really interesting. Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I am chemical sensitive and I'm always looking for ideas on how to clean without having an asthma attack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of this. Thanks for sharing. I will have to give it a try. Sorry you didn't get any apples at the orchard but it sounds like a nice day out anyway. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome Wendi! I wouldn't have thought of doing that to headlights!

    Jason's aunt showed us (once when we were visiting) how toothpaste would clean up her kitchen counter stains and I was amazed. If I'm not mistaken, it was something like a koolaid stain. I will have to try it out to see! Your post jogged my memory!

    Pinterest is just awesome! I'm learning so much!

    Thank you for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of that! That is quite the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say I have never given much thought to how clean our headlights are. You did get a big change from before to after.

    maybe I should go look at my headlights now....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I am really going to try this!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!